A box factory south of the creamery was owned by Mr. Ingersoll, where berry boxes and crates were made and sold to the farmers engaged in the thriving berry business which was organized as the Minnetonka Fruit Growers Association.
Charles Quass, a buyer of cattle, also had a meat market, later sold to John Shrewsbury and then to Robert Stumvall. The present laundromat is now in that building next to Buelow's restaurant.
The Odd Fellows Hall was south of the railroad tracks. Parties, plays, and dances were held there. It burned down, but was rebuilt. It is now owned by Suburban Fixtures. Roller skating was held in a hall next to Henry Pearson's mortuary, which was where Alvin and Gladys Dahl now live. His son Edgar built a new mortuary and later sold the business to Websters who moved to Mound, and sold out to Courteaus in 1961. Mr. Courteau enlarged the funeral home and the family lives in an apartment in the rear. In the early days this work was done by a lady mortician, Mrs. Edward DeCamp, who lived in town next to the railroad bridge.
A pool room and confectionery store was on the corner west of Miller's store. It was owned by Walter Kennedy and later sold to Alfred Hillstrom. The people
came for ice cream were served on the screened-in porch.
The lumber yard was purchased in 1903 from Mahlon Brothers. In 1906 it
incorporated as Lundsten Lumber Company with 0. W. Lundsten, President; and 0. J. Lundsten as General Manager, Secretary and Treasurer. The office was first located in what had previously been a meat market. A Mr. DeLong was the first manager, Louis Olson was manager for many years. During World War II the yard was closed for several years. It is the oldest business in Maple Plain under the same ownership. Present officers are C. N. Lundsten, President (whose father was 0. W. Lundsten), with the company since 1915, and his son James Lundsten, General Manager. Van Merriman has been the manager since 1947.