Orlando Styner and sons Glenn and Roy built and stocked their hardware store in 1913. Glenn died during the first World War, and Mr. Styner and son Roy ran it. They built the present main building in 1932. In 1937 the business passed to Roy; Arthur Swenson joined him in 1941, and then Roy's son Glenn joined the firm. When Glenn became the village postmaster he sold his interest; Roy had already sold to Swenson in 1959. Art's son Terry became his partner in 1964.