On May 5, 1905, John Haven, Austin B. Morse arid E. J. Cranston organized the State Bank of Maple Plain with a capital of $10,000.00. In 1927 the Maple Plain Bank assumed the assets and liabilities of the State Bank of Lyndale, Minnesota. There have been five presidents and seven cashiers in the bank's history.
E. J. Cranston
B. O. Wallin
Fred G. Courrier
L. E. Christ
P. F. Lindholm
F. M. James
The first bank building was constructed in 1905 and was occupied for 58 years. In 1963 a new modern facility was built on the east side of town. During its history the bank has experienced three armed robberies. Two occurred in the old building and the latest on December 21, 1965 in the new structure. The advance of modern technology has resulted in computerized bookkeeping for customer checking accounts contrasted to the hand posting employed in 1905.
Directors of the bank beside President Lindholm are R. T. Styner, A. V. Halgren and C. P. Lindholm.