Frank V. Halgren purchased the Maple Plain Creamery Company March 1, 1910 from the previous owner, C. D. Ingersoll. At that time Mr. Halgren was delivering milk to homes in the Minnetonka Beach area with a horse drawn wagon. Customers had their own containers and Mr. Halgren would pour from two gallon cans the amount wanted that day. The milk supply was then being purchased from 12 local farmers. The milk was separated at the plant with the cream used for churning butter and the skim milk returned to the farmers for animal feed. Mr. Halgren's first churning of butter was a total of sixty pounds. After a churning he would load the butter on his wagon and deliver it to stores in the surrounding communities. There was no electricity in Maple Plain in those days, so the power supply came from a steam engine.
On Christmas Eve 1924 the plant and all machinery was destroyed by fire but a new plant was built and began operating June 1, 1925. Adrian V. Halgren joined his father in 1928. Home freezers were still in the future and ice cream had to be eaten soon after its purchase. The Fourth of July, naturally, was the big day in those years. Adrian was then operating the freezer, beginning at six o'clock in the morning and continuing until after dark, for days before July 4th preparing for the rush of business on the big holiday. After the death of Frank V.
Halgren in 1954, Adrian assumed the presidency of the company. The third generation entered the picture when Bruce F. Halgren joined the firm in 1953. He was elected President in 1967, Michael Dale was elected Vice President and Treasurer, and Clayton Ericson was appointed