In the spring of 1932, W. R. Schultz purchased the confectionery store from Alfred Hillstrom. It became a store where groceries and meat were sold and lunches were served and also was the bus depot. When first purchased the Standard Oil Company had pumps out in front. The store was closed in 1943. New additions were built and the building housed the post office until it was moved to its present location. For nineteen years the Village rented the store space for its municipal liquor store.