The City of Maple Plain hires a consultant to perform its engineering duties and to work closely with the Public Works Department in determining needs for maintenance and reconstruction of street and utility infrastructure.
Engineering is primarily responsible for construction and improvement projects related to the City's infrastructure - water main, sanitary and storm sewer systems, and streets.
Engineering functions include:
- Planning and designing public improvements to the City infrastructure.
- Administering construction contracts and inspecting public improvement projects for conformance to plans.
- Preparing and reviewing plans, specifications, subdivision plats, technical studies, and other engineering related projects.
- Reviewing private development projects for compliance with site grading, traffic circulation, and utility location requirements before final approval.
- Assisting in the preparation of the City's Capital Improvement Plan.
- Other projects such as park development as they occur.
2021 Street and Utility Improvement Project