The Boy Scouts of America were active in Maple Plain as early as 1919 when Mr. Murry Hill was Scoutmaster. At that time their activities were mainly hiking, cooking out, camping in the woods, tree identification and fun on the farm. No one had uniforms. Today, the Scouts participate in those same basic activities plus long term camping at Many Point Scout Reservation, Viking Council Scout-0-Rama, Jamborees, and District Camporees. The Troop has supplied it's own camping gear, 2 canoes, a bus, and money to enable the boys to pay their camping fees through waste paper collections and Christmas tree sales. They have been chartered under the number 314 (Troop and Cub Pack) since 1953 with the First Presbyterian and Christ Lutheran churches as sponsoring organizations. Irvin Ganz has been Scoutmaster since 1960, Wences Horak is the present Cubmaster.